Supporting the U.S. Orienteering Federation
Orienteering/North America is a free 40-50 page magazine
sent to all USOF members every six weeks. It is the only
magazine for our sport, and contains valuable information for all
- How to run courses
- Training tips
- Results of US and Canada competions
- Color maps of courses in interesting terrain
- Information & schedule of future events
- Different ideas for local meets
- Different forms of orienteering
- Decisions of USOF and changes to the sport
- Annual national rankings
- Stories of trips to interesting O events
- How they Ran: leg-by-leg descriptions of winning orienteers
- Competitions you can enter such as Photo-O
- Opinions of major figures in the sport, new ideas
- Advertisements for O gear, clothes, trips, events
When your first issue arrives, you'll be surprised at the size
and diversity of our sport. O/NA will show you a whole new and strange
world. But within your first year as a subscriber, you should be
reading it cover-to-cover like the rest of us.
USOF membership has been shrinking since peaking in 1992; probably
because many people like yourself were never fully introduced to
the organization. It has a valuable purpose and merits your support.
USOF promotes: the US orienteering team, mapping and event standards,
international competition, annual rankings for which you can earn
points at our A-meet, a nationally-coordinated events calendar and
many more functions.
If you have been orienteering for more than a year, USOF deserves
your $25 support...and when you consider that you get a great magazine
subscription too, this becomes the best $25 contribution that you
will make this year.
A USOF membership
application is available on their web site.